11.27.2009

Bloggers Be Talking Smack


The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported the onslaught of Luke Ravenstahl today by many bloggers. I was quite excited when I saw that the Pensblog made it into the third paragraph, not necessarily because they were the cited leaders of the influx of insults.

"Luke invented Crystal Pepsi" is one, and "Luke went to Primanti's...and ordered pizza" is another.

The PG interviewed Ms. Lupinacci, a South Side political blogger, who said in regard to the statement issued by Luke's lawyer, "The threat from the lawyer is so overboard, it actually extended the story. I wouldn't be posting on this story if they hadn't done that."

Gene Grabowski is a Pitt grad and former reporter for the AP who now works with Levick Strategic Communications. He said, "The [blogs and Tweets] are driving the story."

I think it's pretty excellent that not only did Mr. Luke incite the sarcastic Twittering and blogging, but that the Post-Gazette put this article on the front page showcasing the strength that lies in the Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, even Snoop can't make Ravenstahl look cool. Great pic.

    So I read this briefly before class and then you talked about it, and now I read it again and realized I was very confused the first time because no mention was made about Ravenstahl's divorce, why a lawyer is involved, why the bloggers were lashing out, etc. I mean I could have just clicked on the link to read the pg article but, you know, would have liked your spin. I'm sure you posted quickly and just didn't even think about it, but maybe you could update with an explanation of this ravenstahl biznass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I'm happy about graduating is that I don't have to worry about Ravenstahl anymore.

    Worry less about people bashing you and more on the fact that you are/were planning on taxing the people who are keeping this city alive.

    ReplyDelete